Skip to main content

The Mermaid's Sister - Carrie Anne Noble

  This book is quite surreal at times and is overall very good. Sometimes it is difficult to work out some things in the story but everything does become clear at the end of the novel. The book is set in Victorian times but it seems to be mostly timeless and it's time period didn't really affect the novel for me and it wasn't something that I thought about much whilst I read the book.

  The plot is rather good and it is written very cleverly. One of Nobles' strong points is her ability to create very real characters. She does this so well that at the end of the book you can almost sense the characters reactions and emotions to different events before they come which makes the author very skilled at her craft.

8/10 I enjoyed this one, did you? Let me know in the comments below or email your thoughts / opinions to: info@theollybookblog.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blood Stone - Jamila Gavin

 This was a great read! A bit confusing at times as it slides from past to present tense regularly. But other than that it is fairly easy to get through. I enjoyed this book because of the adventure and mystery it has in it. 8/10 This was an intriguing read.  

To be a Cat - Matt Haig

 Very much like another book I've read before, but so very different. I received this book as a gift from Ellie @ Book End ( http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk) . I was told that it was very good and I wasn't disappointed as it was an exceptional read!  7/10 A simple fun story!     

Journey To Jo'burg - Beverley Naidoo

  This was a novella My class read in school, and to be perfectly honest; for a fiction book it was very dry and just far too 'non-fiction' for a fiction book. So for me, this book was sadly a no. It had a lot in it for a novella, and I can see why we read it in class, especially for English. But unfortunately it just didn't have that 'humph' if you get what I'm talking about.  3/10 For me this wasn't a fiction it was a non-fiction, despite what the cover says...