Skip to main content

Department 19: The Rising- Will Hill

After I have 'reloaded' The Olly Book Blog and given out some new reviews accessible from 'Anywhere' we have a new Department 19 novel to look at, Yay! The book is the second in this wonderful series and a review of the third book is to be released on the site shortly.
  Onward and forward though because I  have to continue with applause for Will Hill's astounding style and finesse. The story is great also, it is at least as good as the last (or first dependent on your take on grammar) installment if not better. Personally the quality of the written word was fantastic for me but I know of others who didn't enjoy this book very much for reasons undefined in my opinion.

9/10 Tweet me on Twitter, (@TheOllyBookBlog) it's the same tag for Google+ or Comment me on- well err. The comments?...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blood Stone - Jamila Gavin

 This was a great read! A bit confusing at times as it slides from past to present tense regularly. But other than that it is fairly easy to get through. I enjoyed this book because of the adventure and mystery it has in it. 8/10 This was an intriguing read.  

To be a Cat - Matt Haig

 Very much like another book I've read before, but so very different. I received this book as a gift from Ellie @ Book End ( http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk) . I was told that it was very good and I wasn't disappointed as it was an exceptional read!  7/10 A simple fun story!     

Journey To Jo'burg - Beverley Naidoo

  This was a novella My class read in school, and to be perfectly honest; for a fiction book it was very dry and just far too 'non-fiction' for a fiction book. So for me, this book was sadly a no. It had a lot in it for a novella, and I can see why we read it in class, especially for English. But unfortunately it just didn't have that 'humph' if you get what I'm talking about.  3/10 For me this wasn't a fiction it was a non-fiction, despite what the cover says...